Thursday, March 14, 2013


This Is It...

 This is it.  After debating with myself for quite some time, I have decided to join the blogging world.  I am both excited and filled with self-doubt as I begin this process. 

      I have enjoyed writing since childhood.  I remember being very young and creating elaborate stories on paper and sitting in great anticipation as I read them aloud for my mom.  She has always been the best at encouraging us in our interests and I was convinced through her encouragement that I had created some real masterpieces at the ripe old age of nine.  She has continued to offer that encouragement as I’ve grown up.  She is part of the reason I have decided to step in courage and begin this process. 

      I have no awards or recognition to give me credibility in this arena. In fact, I have never been part of journalism, yearbook, school newspaper, or any other club or organization to give me even the slightest bit of authority in writing.  (Unless you consider my induction to Mrs. Kluth’s “100 Club” in 12th grade for a perfect score on my personal narrative paper in College Composition class.) I’m sure if you have read far enough into this introduction you have found misuse of commas and can see that I have a hard time distinguishing between the beginning and end of paragraphs.  I do know, however, the proper use of there/their/they’re and your/you’re, so you can find some hope in the public education system. I am simply writing because I enjoy being able to express my thoughts. (And because as a stay-at-home mom, sometimes I like the feeling of having a project bigger than changing diapers, buying groceries, and cleaning up generic Cheerios.)

      My self-doubt enters when I think of who will be reading my thoughts, dissecting them, and ultimately distorting what I truly mean.  Or worse, will anyone be reading?  I feel slightly egotistical assuming anyone but my mom will read what I have to say.  But, I have decided to test it out and see if maybe my grandma will read, too.

      At this point, I don’t know that this blog will be focused on anything specific.  I anticipate sharing my experiences in motherhood, marriage, faith, and life.  My hope is that at some point someone does read something that I've written and they walk away feeling lighthearted, encouraged, or if I’m really daring, changed. 

      So if you’re still reading, try to look past the things my imaginary editor missed and hear my heart.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Can't wait to read your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Autumn. This is great. I know you have a great heart for God. I also like what you said about your husband. Love you. Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn, I applaud your bravery. I share your fear. It is hard to put your thoughts out there then wonder what people may think of you now. Well, I'll tell you. We think you are honest and courageous. We think you are a great mother with a level head, a tender heart, and a creative touch. Best of luck. I'll be reading ...

    ReplyDelete